WHAT IS CATALOG?
Canvas Catalog (frequently referred to as Catalog) is the website where students, faculty and staff can sign up for non-academic courses or professional development training. This link can be accessed on any device and web browser.
HOW-TO SELF-ENROLL IN COURSES
- Find and select the desired course or training you want to enroll in.
- Select the right arrow on the bottom left of the course listing.
- Select Enroll.
- Enter your full name, your APU email address and your department (if prompted).
- Select Enroll in Course.
- Once you enroll in the course, you will receive an email that verifies you are enrolled.
- You can access your course through this email or on your Catalog Student Dashboard
HOW-TO DROP COURSES
- Navigate to the Student Dashboard.
- Select the dropdown arrow next to your name
- Select Student Dashboard
- Find the desired course you want to drop, and select the gear (top right next to the title)
- Select Drop Course.
- A smaller window will open to verify whether or not you want to drop the course, select Drop.
Available courses or training are displayed as vertical boxes that contain an image, the title of the course, a course teaser, the logo of the department offering the course or training, and the price of the course. This is called a Course Listing.
Course Listing Image
The course listing image contains the title of the course, a banner that distinguishes if the course is self-paced or face-to-face, and a circular graphic that distinguishes if the course is required.
The course teaser is a summarized description of the offered course. It may also include the date and time the training will be held (if the training is face-to-face), and the department the course is sponsored by.
DISTINGUISH BETWEEN ONLINE AND FACE-TO-FACE COURSES
Courses listed on Catalog are either online or face-to-face. To distinguish between which courses are offered online or face-to-face, look in the title of the course.
- Campus SaVE Act Training (online)
- Google Drive 1 Overview (face-to-face)
All online courses are self-paced, and can be taken at your convenience.
STREAMLINE YOUR SEARCH FOR AVAILABLE COURSES
SEARCH BY CATEGORIES
To view specific training offered by departments, the Categories dropdown (right hand side), allows you to filter training based on the department and type of training.
The current departments that utilize Catalog for compliance training or professional development training are:
- Human Resources (HR)
- IMT (Information, Media & Technology)
- ITT (Innovatitve Teaching & Technology)