Migrating Course Content
The transition to Canvas provides an opportunity for APU faculty to reimagine their courses, revisit content, and ensure sound pedagogy for all learners. To ensure a smooth Sakai-to-Canvas transition, APU will implement a school-by-school transition from Sakai to Canvas over a 18-month period. The timeline includes faculty training in Canvas.
- Migration to Canvas will happen school/college-by-school/college. In other words, an entire school/college will be moving into Canvas within a specified timeframe.
- Each school/college will have a launch date, after which, teaching will occur only in Canvas for that school/college. After the launch date, faculty and students will access the school/college’s courses only in Canvas, and have no access to Sakai.
- Faculty can sign up for migration workshops and other training prior to their school’s launch date.
- Online Courses: ITT will be responsible for migrating all online courses from Sakai to Canvas. After a school/college’s launch date in Canvas, none of the school’s teaching will occur in Sakai. Faculty will be able to access archived courses in Sakai through the end of Spring 2019.
- In-person and Blended Courses: Faculty who have in-person and blended courses will be responsible for transferring their course content from Sakai to Canvas before their school/college’s launch date. After a school/college’s launch date in Canvas, none of the school/college’s teaching will occur in Sakai. Faculty will have access to material in their archived courses and companion sites in Sakai through the end of Spring 2019. Faculty who need assistance with migration can access one of our many training opportunities.