Migration and Training Schedule
The following launch schedule indicates the semester when all courses within a school/college will occur only in Canvas. In other words, an entire school/college will begin teaching in Canvas at the start of the launch date. Moreover, faculty members need to complete Canvas training before their school/college’s designated launch date. Please consult training schedule, self-paced course, and other related resources. For all Canvas support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*By default, Canvas courses are not automatically published on launch dates. This feature gives instructors the opportunity to fine-tune their courses before making them available to students. Instructors must publish their courses before students can access them.
- LMS Selection: A total of 246 faculty, students, and staff pilot tested 2 LMS and selected Canvas.
- Contract Signing: APU signed the Canvas contract on September 20, 2017.
- Integration with APU Systems: Canvas will be integrated with existing university systems by early Spring 2018.
- Faculty Training and Content Transfer: ITT will provide faculty with training and content transfer support starting Spring 2018.
- Teaching in Canvas: The first group of schools/colleges to teach entirely in Canvas will start Summer 2018 (see timeline below).
- Sakai Sunset: After migration, Sakai archived courses will be accessible through spring 2019. Sakai will no longer be available after May 31, 2019.